The 32nd International Conference on Lexis and Grammar will be organized by the Universidade do Algarve , Faculdade de Ciências Humanas e Sociais, Campus de Gambelas (Portugal), from 10 to 14 September 2013.
The conference welcomes innovative papers on formal description of languages, as well as on the construction, management and use of language resources, including manually constructed lexicons and grammars. In addition, it aims at bringing together linguists and computer scientists.
The conference will include a general and a thematic session.
The thematic special session of the 32nd International Conference on Lexis and Grammar is dedicated to Adjectives. The subject domain includes:
Morphological and lexical analysis:
- adjectives in compounds
- derivational morphology (affixes)
- adjective transcategorization without formal derivation mark (beautiful -> the beautiful)
- word order: anteposition vs. postposition of adjectives to nouns
- adjective agreement
- adjectives without a predicate/argument structure vs. attributive adjectives with a predicate/argument structure
- adjective valence
Semantic and pragmatic analysis:
- adjective polysemy
- adjectives and evaluation
- intensional adjectives
The general session is dedicated to the traditional topics of the conference:
- predicate-argument structures
- interface between lexis and grammar
- exploitation of language resources (including manually constructed lexicons and grammars) for language processing (including information retrieval, information extraction, parsing)
- language resources concerning lexis or grammar.
The conference languages are English and French.
- Submission deadline:
May 22June 9 (Sunday)
- Notification of acceptance:
June 22July 25 (Thursday)
- Final version: August 20 (Tuesday)
- Conference: from September 10 (Tuesday) to September 14 (Saturday), 2013
The proceedings, issued after the conference, will be published in French and English. The editor, the collection and the date of submission of the papers latest version will be announced later. The pre-proceedings (either printed or electronic) will be issued at the conference.
Scientific and Technical Organization Committee : Jorge Baptista (Univ. Algarve), Rui Santos(Univ. Algarve), Francesco Di Maio (Univ. Salerno), Ignazio Mauro Mirto (Univ. di Palermo), Mario Monteleone (Univ. Salerno)
Conference secretary : to be decided
Scientific Committee: Annibale Elia (Univ. Salerno) [Chair], Jan Radimský (Univ. of South Bohemia), André Borillo (Univ. Toulouse-le-Mirail), Mirella Conenna (Univ. Bari), Laurence Danlos (Univ. Paris-Diderot), Jacqueline Giry-Schneider (CNRS-Univ. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée), Ulrich Heid (Univ. Stuttgart), Fryni Kakoyianni Doa (Univ. of Cyprus), Cvetana Krstev (Univ. Belgrade), Cédrick Fairon (Catholic University of Louvain), Tita Kyriacopoulou (CNRS-Univ. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée), Svetla Koeva (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences), Nunzio La Fauci (Univ. Zurich), Béatrice Lamiroy (Univ. Leuven), Éric Laporte (CNRS-Univ. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée), Peter Machonis (Florida International Univ.), Elisabete Marques Ranchhod (Univ. Lisbon), Denis Maurel (Univ. Tours), Ignazio Mauro Mirto (Univ. di Palermo), Takuya Nakamura (CNRS-Univ. Paris-Est Marne-la-Vallée), Jee-Sun Nam (Univ. de Seoul), Thierry Poibeau (CNRS-Lattice), Jan Radimsky (Univ. de Bohême du Sud), Satoshi Sekine (New York University) Milena Slavcheva (Bulgarian Academy of Sciences), Carlos Subirats-Rüggeberg (ICSI, Berkeley), Harald Ulland (Univ. Bergen), Zygmunt Vetulani (Univ. Poznan), Éric Villemonte de la Clergerie (INRIA), Dusko Vitas (Univ. Belgrade)